Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm here to TRI my best

As a result of riding in the MS150 last summer, I have grown a love for raising money for diseases, through exercise. I recently joined Team in Training, in which I will do a century bike ride(100 miles in 1 day) in June, and The Chattanooga Triathalon in July. The Triathalon is an Olympic Triathalon which i will accomplish a:

1.5km swim(0.93 mi)
40km bike(24.8 mi)
10k run(6.2 mi)

It will be both my first century, and my first Triathalon. I am doing this through hard work, and determination. The best part of it all is the reason I am doing this. Team in training is a Leukemia and Lymphoma organization. The main part of it all is the fundraising. The total minimum I need to raise for both events is $6,600.00...But, the money does not go to me, it goes toward the person we are sponsoring. And in return, Team in Training does all of the coaching, airfare, and Lodging for me, for free!!! I am really excited, and I hope that you enjoy following me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment