Monday, February 23, 2009

DAY 11

Today was awesome...My whole life I have had a problem with my right leg while jogging...It is the muscle or tendon on the right that easily swells and kills me within 5 minutes of running. So Today (sunday) I went to Tri Your Best, and Dave did a running analysis on me, and was quick in telling me that I pronate out very far to the left with my left foot, which makes my right leg bear all the pressure...the video analysis even looked painful. I told him that I thought one leg was longer than the other, so he measured and sure enough, my left leg is longer than the right. He asked me if I had ever fell on it as a kid, and I remember when I was 13, I was skating at a skatepark, went off a kicker ramp and fell hard on my right hip. It was a bad injury, which may be the culprit for my lucky fin (right leg)...well anyways, Dave then fitted me in a few pairs of correction running shoes, and after a few go's on the treadmill, I settled on the New Balances, which corrected my posture to only a 5% pronation!!! I then went to Stone Mountain Park and jogged for thirty minutes straight. It was the first time in my life that I have ran with no pain in my legs at all!!!!! I am so excited, and I plan to really up my running game, as I feel it is the weaker point in my Triathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment