Wednesday, February 11, 2009

DAY 1

So, I have just signed on with Team in Training. Today was my first day meeting with the "Team". I met my mentor (Tanya) who is really nice, and got all of my paperwork and info. I admit that I was a bit nervous to go and swim, being that I am very out of shape, and have not exercised in a long time. First things were first, I had to do a swim assesment, and thank goodness, I made it to the other side of the pool and back!!! I was then assigned to go to lane 2 with the other guys to do my exercises. My coach had us first tread water four times for thirty seconds each time, after we all attempted our best not to drown, we got into swimming laps...It was a hard workout but it felt really good. Afterwards we all went to moes, where I ate a veggie burrito, and chips and queso!!! I sat with cookie, who was a lady that I met while swimming. She is in her 60's I think and is doing the triathalon too! I am so excited to be doing this, and cannot wait to get into shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment